Saturday, May 22, 2010

OpenCL Programming

I've finished the OpenCL Programming Book and I'm quite struck by low-levelness of OpenCL programming. Lisper in me is already tempted to make some scripting language around it but I need more practice first. So next step is going through SDK examples which are plenty. And it seems that literature is growing fast. ATI is finally investing resources into OpenCL, that will help OpenCL define itself as a real standard, NVIDIA would rather have everybody writing CUDA.
I'm buying a new machine with 2 x PCI express slots. Will need it in order to code with both ATI and NVIDIA cards simultaneously. However I'm little puzzled about my gaming subconscious using OpenCL as an excuse for buying new machine in order to be able to play mafia 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.